Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Stinkin' Review

I wash all my running and biking clothes (along with Dave's) separately from the rest of the clothes. I began doing this because it was easier to just take all those clothes and hang them on our drying racks, but recently I've been using specific sport wash on these clothes. The detergent I'm using is the Penguin Sport Wash, which is supposed to sustain workout clothes and get the stink out of them. I must admit, I'm a stinky sweater. Ever since I ran my first marathon, I sweat at the first step out the door. And, I'm assuming, because I eat like crap, I smell badly too when I sweat. Subsequently, my workout clothes can get really stinky. I've been using the sport wash for a few weeks now and I don't think it works at all. My workout clothes already stink when I put them on. Today I was folding them and they smelled. Gross!

What do you use to wash your workout clothes?

4 comments:

Molly said...

I use normal detergent to wash my workout clothes. Some of those technical shirts smell the minute you put them on and never seem to stop. BUT I will say I just started using a new Lululemon running top that is supposed to be anti-stink and I swear, I pulled it off after a 15-mile run (and *I* stank) and it smelled lovely still!

Michelle said...

*When* I workout (which isn't saying much), I use regular laundry detergent, but the point of my comment is to thank you for the laugh! ;-)

Melissa said...

I am addicted to Tide. That's all I have ever used. I love the smell. It's strong to..

Laura said...

Ever try powder instead of liquid? (Or maybe that is a powder?) I've been using the arm & hammer with oxiclean in it and it smells like whatever the oxiclean is suppose to smell like.