Friday, May 31, 2013

May Totals

May was back to business: running and swimming.  It didn't take me very long to discover I was tired of walking and it was time to run.  I am so happy to be back.

Running - 80.03 miles

Swimming - 4500 yards

Strength Training - 1.5 hours

I visited the YMCA only three times for a cost per visit of $28.45.  Now that the baby has had all his shots I'll be able to take him to the Y with me and hopefully go more often.  Plus the outdoor pool is now open and I can't wait to introduce him to the water.  He's gonna be a swimmer.

Also in May I read two books:

1. "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd
2. "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?" by Mindy Kaling

I'm now up to 10 books read in 2013 and I have two already checked out for June.  Unless something crazy happens, I will definitely be hitting my 12 books goal in 2013

And sticking with the 13 in '13 theme:

I am back down to my original pre-baby size, although I still have about 10 pounds to go for the weight.  I am hoping that will just melt off as I run more so I won't have to count calories.  I hate to count calories.

I'm just shy of 250 miles run for the year, which is a quarter of the way to my goal of 1000 miles.  I better get cracking if I'm going to make that goal.

I finally ran my first race of the year.  Unfortunately, I've mapped out a schedule and it looks like I may not reach 12 races.  I may need to find one or two more. 

June is going to be great, I hope.  I am now doing the Runner's World summer run streak, which hopefully means lots and lots of running miles.  I also have two races planned.  And as I mentioned, I have two more books checked out of the library.  Plus, the boy is super cute and I am taking tons of pictures.  It's going to be a great summer.

No comments: