Monday, April 25, 2005

Let the Training Begin, Again

I took off approximately one week and now it's back to training. I was going to start my training this past Saturday with a light 5 mile run, but it was raining outside and I had gotten home really late from a track meet and it just wasn't worth it to me to get out of bed. But, I did get up early yesterday morning and went to the gym to do a swim workout in preparation for the triathlon. This was my workout:

Warmup: 4 X 150 swim, kick, pull, swim
Workout: 1650 ladder (275,250,225....25)
Cooldown: 200
Total: 2450 meters

This workout was hard. Especially since I haven't gone above 1000 meters since last summer. It totally wore my out and I never got a nap yesterday because my mom's in the hospital and I had to visit her and I had to watch my sister's kids so she could go to the funeral home for a friend. I'm still very tired today. And, my ribs are sore from the swim.

It's good to be back in the swing (or swim) of things.

No comments: