Monday, February 26, 2007

It Happens Once a Year

Nope, I'm not talking about a one day sale at Macy's. I'm talking about taking a spill while running and today it happened.

Today's workout was 10 miles with 5 X 1000 at 5K pace. And that's what I did, except my track is under snow so I had to do the intervals on the road as part of my run just based on time. I warmed up with 30 minutes and then I started 5 X 4:20 with equal jog in between. Most of the path I usually run on was snowy and icy so I did most of the run on the road beside the path. The path goes around the golf course and you have to travel under the road to get from one side to the other. The last part of my first interval traveled this section and it was extremely icy. To avoid the ice, I went up on the grass which was really snowy and slippery. I tried to slow down, but slipped on the ice and fell onto my knee and hands. No biggie. Probably just a bruise. I kept running and finished the workout.

Despite the fall, it was great to finally get a good run.

2 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Be careful out there!!!!

Anonymous said...

This wouldn't happen if you lifted weights instead.