Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

This is the Christmas edition of Thursday Thoughts. My aunt sent this to me the other day. Instead of answering it in an e-mail, I'm going to answer it in this post. Feel free to respond to the same questions in the comments or post them in your own blog.




1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping paper, but I'm terrible at wrapping (but totally awesome at rapping). I love to watch people open their presents.

2. Real tree or Artificial?

Artificial; I'm allergic to the real kind. We have GIANT tree. It's about 9 feet tall and about 4 feet wide at the base.

3. When do you put up the tree?

Usually around my mom's birthday on the 13th.

4. When do you take the tree down?

Soon after Christmas.

5. Do you like egg nog?

Nope. I'm not much of a milk fan, so why would I like the egg nog?!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

My parents are very thoughtful gift givers (they never asked for a list--and still don't). Most gifts I got were fantastic.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?

Yes. Dave's aunt buys us a piece to our nativity scene every year.

8. Hardest person to buy for?

My brother-in-law, Rob.

9. Easiest person to buy for?

Myself, duh! And I do a lot of that at Christmas and even wrap them and put them under the tree or in the stocking.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Mail. I've designed my own this year from a photograph I took. Hopefully they'll be printed in time to mail them.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

I hope my mom's not offended. Just a few years ago my mother bought me a towel wrap, kinda like a robe. It was hot pink and it had straps on it. I'm severely short waisted--the straps hung so low that the robe didn't cover my boobs, but instead hung below them. Mom obviously doesn't know I don't leave the bathroom after showering without getting dressed. Needless to say I returned it and bought a new bra instead.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?

White Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Usually December and then buy all the way until Christmas. This year I'm on the ball, though, and about half way done.

14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Maybe, but I can't remember exactly.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Anything. A runner loves her food.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?

White

17. Favorite Christmas song?

White Christmas--Bring Crosby
Snow--Rosemary Clooney

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Being that we're the ones without kids we travel both to my parents' house and Dave's parents' house. I have only been away from home once for Christmas, though.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?

Yes. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Doner, Blitzon, Rudolph (misspellings don't matter, right?)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

Nothing. He he! Our Christmas tree touches the ceiling so we don't put anything on the top.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Christmas morning, preferably. But I have trouble controlling my excitement and sometimes we open them early.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?

Shopping and parking at the mall. Plan a little better, people!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?

My family has a tradition of buying an ornament every year and my mom usually themes it to interact with whatever is going on with my life at the time. Nothing matches, but it means more to me than matchy-matchy.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?

Ham and deviled eggs.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

EVERYTHING! Really, I'm buying a lot of photography equipment so I've asked for small things like gift certificates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh fun! I love these things. does that mean I'm narcissistic?

1. gift bags--just laziness on my part. we've gotten so many and they're so much easier to use, although, I'll admit, not as fun to open.

2.Real tree--my husband's grandparents own a Christmas tree farm--enough said.

3. no specific time. just whenever we get around to getting it. we had some unusual circumstances last year, so we didn't even have one! (I know--terrible!)

4. whenever. I'm not usually one to keep it around for too long, especially since we have a live one.

5.egg not--I can take it or leave it.

6. favorite gift. oh, that's a hard one. my parents were pretty good at that, too. I guess a Nutcracker Soldier.

7. yes, more than one, I think, but they're all packed away right now, so I don't remember for sure.

8. my sister-in-law.

9. my boys, except that it's hard to narrow down what to get them.

10.mail or email cards--I've done both, but probably won't do any this year.

11. nothing too terrible. probably just some shirts or sweaters that never in my life would I pick out for myself!

12. Miracle on 34th Street--original version.

13.Christmas shopping? it depends. usually November/December, although I like to do it earlier. I actually only have one left to buy this year!

14. recycled a present? don't think so, but don't remember for sure.

15. whatever--usually chocolate in some form!

16. colored lights

17. Oh Holy Night or Mary's Boy Child (I think that's the name.)

18. last 2 years--stayed home; otherwise, usually travel.

19. nope!

20. lately, a star; my parents always had an angel for their tree.

21. usually one on Christmas eve, the rest on Christmas.

22. It's a toss up between shopping and parking (I usually try toaboid the malls/Easton Town Center nowadays), and the debate about not saying "Christmas" or having Christmas decorations especially in schools or government buildings, etc.

23. I'd have to pull out the ornaments to name a favorite, but like Meredith, we had/have that tradition, too, so it would be hard to say.

24. doesn't really matter--usually someone else is cooking, so I won't complain!

25. a new house! ;-)

Michelle

Val said...

I love you and I want you to know that you are beautiful. I really like coming to your site and just looking at all those little pictures on your header. Keep it up! And hey, please pencil us in for Christmas pictures next year. We'd like you to take them of us. Missed you at the party... hope your crazy weekend went well!