This is the Christmas edition of Thursday Thoughts. My aunt sent this to me the other day. Instead of answering it in an e-mail, I'm going to answer it in this post. Feel free to respond to the same questions in the comments or post them in your own blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, but I'm terrible at wrapping (but totally awesome at rapping). I love to watch people open their presents.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial; I'm allergic to the real kind. We have GIANT tree. It's about 9 feet tall and about 4 feet wide at the base.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually around my mom's birthday on the 13th.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Soon after Christmas.
5. Do you like egg nog?
Nope. I'm not much of a milk fan, so why would I like the egg nog?!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My parents are very thoughtful gift givers (they never asked for a list--and still don't). Most gifts I got were fantastic.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. Dave's aunt buys us a piece to our nativity scene every year.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My brother-in-law, Rob.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Myself, duh! And I do a lot of that at Christmas and even wrap them and put them under the tree or in the stocking.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. I've designed my own this year from a photograph I took. Hopefully they'll be printed in time to mail them.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I hope my mom's not offended. Just a few years ago my mother bought me a towel wrap, kinda like a robe. It was hot pink and it had straps on it. I'm severely short waisted--the straps hung so low that the robe didn't cover my boobs, but instead hung below them. Mom obviously doesn't know I don't leave the bathroom after showering without getting dressed. Needless to say I returned it and bought a new bra instead.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually December and then buy all the way until Christmas. This year I'm on the ball, though, and about half way done.
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Maybe, but I can't remember exactly.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Anything. A runner loves her food.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
White Christmas--Bring Crosby
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Being that we're the ones without kids we travel both to my parents' house and Dave's parents' house. I have only been away from home once for Christmas, though.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
Yes. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Doner, Blitzon, Rudolph (misspellings don't matter, right?)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Nothing. He he! Our Christmas tree touches the ceiling so we don't put anything on the top.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning, preferably. But I have trouble controlling my excitement and sometimes we open them early.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Shopping and parking at the mall. Plan a little better, people!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My family has a tradition of buying an ornament every year and my mom usually themes it to interact with whatever is going on with my life at the time. Nothing matches, but it means more to me than matchy-matchy.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Ham and deviled eggs.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
EVERYTHING! Really, I'm buying a lot of photography equipment so I've asked for small things like gift certificates.