Friday, May 07, 2010

Foto Friday

Okay, so this is Video Friday but that's not an alliteration.

When I was in Florida a few weeks back I was talking to the swim coach at the YMCA. Her family is from Ohio and all OSU alumni. Her husband, on the other hand, is a Gator. She took him to Ohio one time to attend a football game. She kept telling him, "it's different." You don't understand unless you're from here (Ohio).

No matter how many times I try to explain to people the hysteria and love that is Buckeyes around these parts, you just don't understand until you experience it. When OSU went to the national championship in 2002, the city literally shut down so people could watch the game. I remember school sports being postponed, restaurants closing early, etc. It was crazy and awesome!

On Monday there was a flash mob (or as my mom calls it, a flash dance--ha!!) in the new Ohio Union on campus. The Ohio Union is the student union. It's been closed for the last couple of years, torn to the ground and rebuilt. I haven't seen the inside of it yet, but the outside is gorgeous. My college counselor in high school told me when I was visiting universities to look at people on campus and see how many people are wearing school t-shirts, hats, etc. Of the 5 or so universities I checked out Ohio State won that battle hands down. It was like every third person was wearing something OSU. Anyway, back on topic, the following video shows this flash mob. If you were there in the union and saw that many people wearing OSU shirts, it probably wouldn't phase you. And that's why this video is so awesome!

Go Bucks!



No comments: