Friday, October 09, 2015

It's Not About the Marathon

(...the future title of my autobiography)

When you tell people you run they ask you if you do marathons.  When you tell people, yes, you've done a marathon they ask if you've done Boston.

Been there.  Done that.  Time to move on.

I am so excited to have done so well at Aquathlon Nationals and am even more excited to train and compete at the World Championships.  In 2016 I had planned on training for a PR in the half marathon and maybe, maybe do a fall marathon.  Well, scratch that.  I don't want to do either.  It's most likely that the Aquathlon World Championships will be a sprint race - short swim, short run - and that's what I want to train and compete with next year.  My race schedule is probably only going to include 5ks and 10ks.  I'd also like to try my hand at some swim meets.  And I also somehow got roped into doing the swim portion of a relay at the new Ironman 70.3 Delaware, Ohio.

The new season is going to be awesome.  I can't wait to get started.

No comments: