Friday, May 13, 2005

I've got a lot of work to do

Last night I went on a long bike ride with Dave, Andy, Rich, Nancy, Tony, and his son Nick. After riding with them, I'm in serious trouble for this triathlon. They were so much faster than me. Andy rode with me because I was struggling to keep up, but I don't think he got a very good workout. And, I was riding at about 16 mph so it wasn't like I was going slow. And poor Dave. He was riding a mountain bike and really wasn't able to keep up. He had to do the whole ride on his own and he looked pissed when we got back to the cars.

Seriously, I don't know what I got myself into. I want to do this race to say I did it, but the competitor in me doesn't want to go there to suck either. And I'm starting to panic because only two months until this race and I don't know if I'm going to be ready in time. Plus I don't want my running to suffer because I need to be doing all this other training. It's really frustrating me.

No comments: