Tuesday, May 24, 2005

What is my problem?!

I've been doing a pretty good job of training for this triathlon. I've been trying my best to keep my running miles above 20 per week, do all my swimming workouts, and get on my bike for a long ride at least once a week. I even did a 63 mile ride this past weekend that wasn't so bad. My problem is...my nutrition sucks! I was in such great shape heading into the Boston Marathon and since then I feel like I've just let it go to waste. I haven't run as much since the marathon because track has just taken over my spare time. And because I haven't run so much I just don't feel as fit. But, I'm still eating like I was running 30-35 miles a week. And I can't stop the candy bar craze I've got! I eat at least a candy bar a day! I NEED to go to the grocery store today. Our cupboards are baren. Today will probably be a run/swim day. I may have track one more week (states are next week) but I'm going to try to start following the training plan as closely as possible and incorporate bricks and nutrition while biking. Once I get my eating under control and start getting back to my regular training, I think I will feel a little more confident about this triathlon.

1 comment:

Val said...

Hehe a candy bar a day? Sign me up! =D Love you!