Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Lots o' little tidbits today.

How 'bout them Buckeyes?!

I followed Ironman Wisconsin on Sunday to track IronWil and TriSaraTops, and lo and behold I found my real-life friend and professional triathlete Joshua Ritchie competing in his first Ironman. Josh finished in like 10:54 and Sara finished in 15:30ish. I watched them both finish via the live web stream. Unfortunately, IronWil didn't make a cutoff and later dropped out. I think they're all winners for having the courage to start and to put themselves through all the training.

Yesterday I ran a really difficult 11 miles with 6 at half marathon pace in a brand new pair of shoes. Today, I'm exhausted. My half marathon splits should have been 7:50, but none of my miles were anywhere close to that. My splits were: 7:32, 7:31, 7:20, 7:19, 7:33, 7:09. The remaining 2-1/2 miles were a slow slug back to the car.

This weekend I'm heading to New Hampshire to compete in the Reach the Beach Relay. Anyone else going to be there? I'll be on Team Profile Deluxe and my team's start time is 2:00pm.

I have one more post scheduled about vacation. Hopefully I can get that done by tomorrow. Later, taters.

1 comment:

Born To Endure said...

That certainly is a great running time, I've never even come close to a 7 min mile....congrats!!