Wednesday, November 07, 2007

At Work Warrior

I work for a gigantic company. Working for such a large company has its perks, but those perks don't always trickle out to the 12 different buildings the company occupies. I work in one of the only buildings that the company doesn't solely own. Which means, we are the only building without a cafeteria and until recently, the only building that did not have free workout facilities.

I applied and received my free lockerroom pass so that I could run with friends at work during lunchtime. I got my pass about a month ago. Yesterday was the first day I used it. I met my dad (who also works for the big company), Rich (retired from said big company), and Darryl (also works for big company) and ran 5 miles. It was a rough 5 miles as it was super windy and we had to run fast to get in 5 miles during our lunch break. This was my first run back since the marathon and 8:00/miles is not what I was expecting. I felt great, though, and I'm not even sore today.

I don't know that this will become an everyday thing, but I enjoyed the break from work and getting to run with people on a weekday.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

good for you! did you find it took along time to get ready afterwards? that is my biggest concern about running at lunch.. your dad and darryl don't need to worry about doing their hair...

Meredith said...

Well this is where it gets a little gross....

Because it wasn't cold enough to wear a hat I didn't have to wash my hair. I just prettied my ponytail and washed the rest of me. I haven't figured out what I am going to do when it's really cold and a hat is needed or really hot and I sweat like crazy.