Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Things I Love...My Apera Backpack

I admit it.  I'm a bag whore.  I love purses and backpacks and satchels and whatnot.  I used to buy lots, but honestly, I don't carry any of them.  So now I don't waste my money.  I now just carry my cell phone and a credit card.  For the last 5ish years I've been using a Saucony backpack as my running/gym bag.  It was alright.  It didn't have all the compartments I would have liked - like a water bottle holder, but it made do.  For some time, though, it's been falling apart.  One of the should straps came unsewn and the interior lining was ripping out.  It was time for a new backpack.

I don't like to spend a lot of money, on anything, but I had been admiring Apera and their line of backpacks for some time.  I debated and debated and debated and finally I just bought it.  I chose the Active Pack as it had shoe compartments, water bottle compartments, a place for my phone, a separate area for wet clothes, and a smaller bag included for wet swimsuits.  This bag was made for me.


When the delivery finally arrived at my house, however, they had sent me the wrong pack.  I was disappointed.  I tweeted them and sent them an email and they immediately responded.  They sent me a label to use for free shipping and sent me the correct pack before I had even sent the incorrect one back.  Their customer service was amazing!

Now I am in love with this backpack.  It's perfect.  It's compact but holds everything.  I regularly hold my swimming and running clothes at the same time in there.  In addition, I use the iPad compartment to hold diapers and wipes which keeps me from having to carry two bags to the gym.  I love having a separate compartment for my phone and keys at the top of the bag.  I use the shoe compartments and the water bottle holds simultaneously and it does not add volume to the bag.  And I LOVE the separate wet clothes bag.  I use it all the time for my swimsuits and/or sweating running shirts. 

This bag is terrific.  I love it.  I hope it lasts forever!

1 comment:

Carina said...

On my one "suck" day of our vacation, among other things, my favortite backpack (an Adidas Boston marathon one) started coming apart. The interior lining had been coming off for a while, but the material actually started fraying at the zipper. So now a new backpack is on my list, I'll have to check out this brand.