Monday, February 22, 2016

Week in Review

Oh hi, blog.  I'm here, I swear.  Every day I think of you and have an idea I'd like to write about and every day gets away from me.  I'll try harder.  I promise. 

I went to Ohio State when it was on the quarter system.  It was 10 weeks of roller coaster!  I somehow started the first day off classes already behind; spent the remainder of time trying to catch up and doing as many assignments as I could; and finally then end of the quarter would come, only half of my assignments turned in, and somehow I'd still walk away with an A-/B+.

This is how I'm feeling about my training right now.  Between momming, adulting, and general winter malaise I'm barely keeping my head above water.  I do as many workouts as I can during the week, miss a few, make up a few, figure out how to combine some, and then the week ends.  Here's what I ACTUALLY did last week.

Swimming - 5700 yards 
I have been to masters once, maybe twice, in the last three weeks.  I used to be a great morning person and now the morning gets my middle finger and a few choice words.  Luckily, I have a lanemate who posts all her workouts to Facebook.  So, I "borrow" them and do them on my own.  I'll try again this week to make it back to masters.  Seriously.  I will.

Running - 24.9 miles
I started the week on the treadmill for a long run.  I was NOT going to run outside in stupid degrees!  My run was just to run steady, so I took a long warmup and then ran steady around a 9:00 pace.  I did two more workouts on the treadmill this week including another easy 5 miler and a short run with some pickups in it.  On Saturday I ran outside in the glorious weather, shorts and a t-shirt, for a great run.  I was strolling in the low 8:00s in zone 2.  I am getting in some serious shape!!!

This week I also turned over 350 miles on my shoes.  Generally they still feel pretty good, but my back and legs are disagreeing with this general-ness.  I'll be moving onto my next pair of Hoka Cliftons next week.

Strength - 0.25 hours
Yep, 15 freakin' minutes.  This was a core workout sweat-a-thon.  I really should do more of this.

This week was a rest week and I really took advantage of it.  Next week, back to the grind.

1 comment:

middleagedrunner said...

Yes! I did 15 minutes of core last week too, we should be training partners.
Except all your swimming- I would drown.....