Monday, July 11, 2016

Analyzing rhythm. Shock advised. Clear!

I am a horrible blogger.  I used to write all the time about anything on this space and now it seems to be race reports and complaining about this, that, and the other.  In 2009 I wrote or posted a picture every single day.  I think it's time to get back to that.

Let's start at the beginning for those new readers (are there ANY readers out there???).

I began this blog to have a place to talk about my running.  I've run a gazillion marathons (really, 17) including Boston four times.  Then I got into triathlon, which I didn't love, yet signed up and tried to finish an Ironman.  It didn't go well and messed me up in the head for a long time.  Last year after a major injury, I raced in the aquathlon national championship and got myself a ticket to the world championships this year.  This year I have raced my heart out and have gotten back into the shape that led me to great things 7-10 years ago.  I should probably write about that more.  I mean, I WILL write about that more.

Let's see.  Other things.  I am a mom.  I've got a three year old boy who has the biggest heart and can drive me absolutely insane at the same time.  Motherhood has been the hardest thing I have ever EVER done.  Way harder than the Ironman.  Way harder than Boston.  Way harder than my engineering studies in college.  Many days I want to crawl under a rock and hope it crushes me, but I love that little man and all his awesomeness.  I'm not really sure what life was like before him.

So if I'm going to blog more, I need your help.  I need topics.  Do you want to know what I eat while working out?  Do you want to know my favorite stuff - shoes, socks, clothing, etc.? Do you want to see more pictures of my beautiful son?  Do you just want me to shut the eff up?  Please feel free to comment and let me know!

I'll be back here tomorrow, hopefully, with something interesting to say.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am interested in how you balance motherhood & training. I'm always interested in what people are eating because I really like to eat (and cook, ha).

Carina said...

Still here! Think you hooked me back when you were in Ironman training.

tri like mary said...

I love reading "a day in the life of" posts. Also "what I ate" posts. Might seem basic but the voyeur in me loves to peek into other people lives.

Jford said...

I am in same boat as you, I used to blog a lot while training for Ironman, then I took time off (big mistake) and just as I was getting back into training and blogging, I had an injury! So I need motivation and consistency since I feel like I am starting over.