My manager texted me on Friday evening asking if he could call me. This was the conversation I had been dreading - finding out if I got the job or not. Honestly, I didn't want to answer the phone. After a brief conversation I was offered the promotion. I told him I would have to think about it, telling him I would let him know in the middle of next week.
Let's back up.
I mentioned in the previous post that I had applied for my old job, a job that I loved. In addition to formally applying, I had gotten in touch with my previous lead (now manager) and when things didn't go anywhere with that conversation I even contacted my senior director (now vice president), someone who I know and trust and really like. Friday afternoon she sent me an email letting me know someone would be in touch with me regarding a job within a certain department (not my previous job). After some searching, The Husband and I figured out what job she was probably talking about. A job I was well qualified for. A big girl job. A salaried job. A responsible job. I was/am excited.
So when my manager offered me the job I had to tell him the truth. I had to tell him that I had some other possibilities pending that I would need to let him know in a few days. I didn't want to hurt his feelings or take him off guard. He was very gracious and told me I needed to do what was best for my family. I like him. I hate that I may have to disappoint him.
There are a lot of thought rolling through my head right now. I'd be crazy not to give the new job a chance. It would be a great opportunity with a lot of options for advancement and a chance to shine. But, I could also hate it and dread going to work and worry that I made the wrong choice of putting my child in daycare. I also don't want to disappoint anyone. Plus, I only have a few days to decide and technically, I don't have the other job yet. I would be going into a decision blindly and hoping everything worked out. Or I might just be unemployed.
I hate decisions. This makes me almost as miserable as not having any options.