Friday, December 17, 2004

Big Giant Hippo

Yesterday was my first day I was able to run. I did the workout at the high school track, 10 minute walk, 10 minute jog, 10 minute walk. I was able to do just over three laps in the first 10 minutes of walking. When I started my jog, it felt like a big, giant hippo. Nothing seemed to be clicking together. My arms and legs felt weird and weren't insync with each other. It took me a whole lap before I finally felt like I was running. I was able to do about 4-1/2 laps during the jog and then did another three laps in the last 10 minutes of walking. It felt good to be running again. Today I'm going to do my workout on the treadmill because I hope to do some swimming afterwards. I'll just have to wait and see how crowded the gym is or if my boss lets us go home early from work. Highly unlikely.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Not a big giant hippo. ACOW! :)