Thursday, March 24, 2005

I'm Famous!

Our track team hired Otis Winston as our new jumping coach. For those of you who don't know, Otis was a member and captain of Ohio State's basketball team back in the early 90s. What most people don't know is that Otis was a standout in track and field too. He was a three time state high jump champion in high school and also won the long jump one year. In college he was an All-American, Olympic trial qualifier, Ohio State record holder (7'4-1/2"), and placed third in the NCAAs.

The local newspaper (New Albany News) did a profile on him and he mentioned by name me and my dad as the people who convinced him to coach at the school. I got my name in the paper. I'm famous!

In real running news...(1) our bib numbers are out for Boston. Mine is 12880. (2) My runs are going really well. Yesterday's was pretty choppy. I did 1/2 mile. Then had my runners do a time trial. Then I ran 2-1/2 more miles on the track. And finally I ran 3 more miles on the treadmill while the kids were in the weightroom. Got it done and that's all that matters.

No comments: