Monday, March 28, 2005

It's Taper Time (Kinda)

The long runs are over. Halleluiah!!!! I did 20 miles on Saturday. I was scheduled to do 22 but 20 was plenty and two more miles were not going to make a difference.

So now that the long runs are done, it's officially taper time. Except, it's not. This week I intend to do over 30 miles and I'm doing the Capital City Half Marathon on Saturday. I am saying right now that I'm not going to race it, but I think it's going to be a pretty solid run.

Track meets start this week so it's a good thing it's taper time because it means less time to run. Luckily one meet is at home and the other is at a school really close to work, so I'm going to have time to run before the meets and still get in three or four miles before I have to work.

It's looking like I'm actually going to make it through training successfully. Yippee!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

hey, saw the Cap City Results, look like you did great. Thought you weren't racing that one????