Thursday, November 03, 2005

Moo!

Yesterday I attended a cattle call. Not literally; it was a career information session with an insurance agency. This company had contacted me and I thought they were interested in my analytical skills, blah blah blah. Well I guess they weren't. They were interested in making me an agent. He! For those of you who don't know me...first of all, I know nothing about insurance or finance, etc. Secondly, I would be the worst sales person in the whole world. I'm emotional. I get angry and sad and hurt really easily. I'm also kinda shy.

This information session was an hour and a half and within the first seven minutes I knew I should have left. The presenter played a video first that highlighted different career agents and their success stories. All they talked about was how much money they made. This is an insurance company that specializes in selling products to senior citizens. So immediately I was put off because I was not about to swindle seniors so I had the opportunity to make six figures. And the company worked on commission only. That's not even an option.

In the end I stayed for the whole presentation, but I didn't hand in my resume. I can check that opportunity off the list.

I was supposed to run 11 miles yesterday but I only got in 8. I ran out of time. I'm hoping to finish up the remaining three miles today. My back has been hurting more and more and now I have shooting pains in my upper hamstrings. I've got a doctor's appointment this afternoon.

Sorry I haven't gotten to read very many of your blogs recently. I'll try to get to them soon. I miss y'all.

No comments: