Thursday, July 12, 2007

Welcome Home


Welcome home Gordon Gee. We're so glad you've decided to return.

Gordon Gee was the sole reason I decided to go to Ohio State. I had signed my papers to go to the University of Kentucky and was about to drop them in the mail, when my mom asked me to take one more look at Ohio State. I went and while I was there I heard Gordon Gee give a speech. By the end I was in tears and knew I HAD to go to OSU. The next day I sent my acceptance to Ohio State. It was the best decision I ever made.

Oh yeah, it's Thursday. Who or what influenced you to make the schooling choices you did?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

When I first heard that, I thought it was a joke, so I confirmed it on the OSU website. Brian said he thought Gee had gotten in trouble at Brown, and that's why he left there for Vanderbilt, but I said I thought they just didn't get along. I mean, they didn't like his style.

Let's see, several things factored into my college decisions, including financial aid, quality of instruction, etc.

Next question(s): if you have a college degree, are you actually using it in your work? if not, why not? Do you wish you had chosen a different degree, or are you happy with the one you picked? (Hey Mer, is it okay that I asked more than one? :-) how are you feeling, btw?)

Meredith said...

I am feeling much better, thanks for asking. I was under a lot of stress and the air quality has not been good here (gotta love living in Ohio) so I'm sure that's got to be some of it.

Sometimes I wish I had chosen a different major, but then I think I would have been bored or not challenged. I am no longer working in my field of study and I'm not sure how I feel about that. And if I could figure out the profession that would keep me enlightened, engaged, and happy I will have hit the jackpot.