Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday's Menu

I'm starting a new segment on the blog that I'm calling "Monday's Menu." As I stated before, one thing I hope to change in my triathlon training for 2011 is my diet. So, last week I put out a call for recipes on my Facebook page. And I got a lot of responses. Dave and I have decided to give at least one new recipe a try each week until we can totally redo our weekly menus and totally revamp our nutrition. Last week we gave Andrea's pork tenderloin (via Martha Stewart) a try.

Pork tenderloin all prepared to be cooked.

The recipe is simple (you can click on the Martha Stewart link above for the full recipe) but basically you season the tenderloin, put it in a baking pan, put your other "stuff" around it (we used squash and potatoes) and get to cookin'. After the initial cooking, you take the pan out, smear some Hoisen sauce on the tenderloin (yum) and put it back in the oven until the pork reaches a temperature of 140 degrees. (We got to use our meat thermometer for the very first time!). We had a little trouble getting our pork to reach the correct temperature, but after pumping up the oven to 400 and cooking it a little longer we were good to go.

And.....good it was! It was delicious. The meat was moist and had great flavor. The potatoes could have used a little salt, but otherwise yummy, and the squash might have been the best tasting part of the whole meal (I had never had squash before). This recipe was easy, yummy, and we will definitely be adding it to our menu.

So now it's your turn to help. We DESPERATELY need help revamping our menu. I would love your nutritious recipes. Please comment below or send me an email (meredith-gordon@insight.rr.com) with your recipe. Dave and I will be trying something new each week and then it will be featured on Monday's Menu. Thanks, in advance, for your help.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous!!!! :) I'll dig around and send you some!

Liz Waterstraat said...

I like this segment! :) I will send you a recipe for sure! YUM!