Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Miscellany for Wednesday

Today is about a lot of random stuff going on in my head....
  • Did you watch the coverage of Ironman Hawaii on NBC this past Saturday? At first I hated the broadcast. If I had to see one more product placement of Ford or Road ID or if I had to watch that A-Hole Macca yammer on about how he's the most awesome athlete ever, I thought I might hit something. But then I watched it again on my DVR and was able to fast forward that stuff and the broadcast was a lot better. Now that I've attempted the distance, I'd like the broadcast to be different. I think it's a little "fluffy." I don't think they really show how difficult and draining the day can be nor do they really articulate what is put into the training to get the result. Someday I'd really like them to cover the "everyday" triathlete and not just the athletes there on a media pass.
  • I have suddenly started snoring. SNORING!!! On Sunday after spending a day with my sister, her boyfriend, and their gazillion kids, I fell asleep around 9:30pm. Dave was not so tired and played on his phone while I slept. He said I was snoring. Loudly. I totally denied this until Tuesday morning when I woke myself up snoring. Usually people start snoring as they put on the pounds, but I've lost 3 pounds in the last 6 weeks so...what's the deal?
  • All my Christmas shopping is done and wrapped. Hallelujah!!! And I'm so excited to have others open their gifts. I think I did really well this year.
  • I haven't been on Facebook or Twitter since Friday morning. I didn't check my email all weekend and have limited myself to checking it only three times a day since Monday. It's liberating.
  • I cut my bangs again. Did I mention that? I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to growing them out.
  • Training is continuing to go well. Updates next week and a end-of-year wrap-up.
  • I'm going to Mexico in less than a month!!!!
I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Merry Christmas!

Velma said...

Merry Christmas. I have never done an Ironman, but I think that they should stress that most of the people in the broadcast had to qualify to come to Hawaii - they are the best of the best. I like the everyman story, but I would like to see more of the background on training and sacrifice.

Kiersten said...

Merry Christmas. I agree about the ironman coverage. They tell you repeatedly how brutal it is, but you really don't get perspective on the sport, the training, etc.

Unknown said...

I'm so with you on the Ironman coverage... it was good, but holy moly a lot of ads!

I want to see your hair... lunch soon?

Hope you and Dave have a great Christmas!