Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Come Hell or High Water

...or rain, or snow, or wind, or whatever I was getting this workout done today and it was not going to be on the treadmill. Today's workout was a bike/run brick that involved hard, crunching gears biking, and fast, fast running. Today also brought about 40 degree temperatures so the bike started with multiple layers:



The workout was complicated and required a watch, a Garmin, and written instructions.



The run intervals started fast and ended faster. For me that was a 7:29, 7:11, and 6:41. Dang! I haven't run that fast in quite a while and it felt so natural and easy. Finally! I'm starting to feel like me again.

Here I am checking my watch to make sure I'm on target:



And here I am after I finished, looking like I might puke on Dave:



Things are starting to click and come together. Good thing. There are races on the horizon...

4 comments:

Betsy said...

nice shot of your ripped calf! and nice job on the workout!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I never thought about taking the trainer to a track

Nice training

M said...

Awesome workout! It's so funny - I read a lot of blogs and forget who is local, etc. So I was reading this in my reader this morning and thought "Wow! that looks a lot like the track where my run club meets!" Only to realize it is indeed THE track where my run club meets. ha! Just thought it was funny!!

Anonymous said...

welcome back chica :)