Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Few More Things I Think You Should Know

This weekend I will meet many of my new teammates and will be reintroduced to my teammates from last year. Before all the craziness begins, there are a few things I think you should know...
  • I am PAINFULLY shy, which can come across as stand-off-ish. That's not the case at all. I have no idea what to say in social situations and therefore, say nothing at all, which may seem like I don't like you. I'll open up. Just give me a while.
  • Growing out my bangs sucks. Please don't make fun of my hair. :)
  • Because of my shyness I tend to be a little socially awkward. I don't really look people in the eye; I will talk in incomplete sentences; and most likely I will stick my foot in my mouth at some point. I am going to go ahead and apologize for my awkwardness.
  • Yes, I am that tiny. :)
  • During the race, I may not exchange pleasantries on the course. That's not to say I'm not cheering you on the inside, I like to race as hard as I can and go for it. There isn't energy to cheer and race. I'll throw you a high five after the race, though.
Well there you have it. I probably just revealed too much about myself, but I wanted to make a good first impression. I'll call this my pre-pression. :) See you all in a few days.

8 comments:

LittleRachet said...

You're cracking me up! Wish I was gonna be there this weekend! Have fun!

Karen said...

I am sure they will LOVE you :) I completely understand the shy thing. I take a while to warm up but once I do, watch out. LOL.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am shy too

Kristin Deaton said...

Girl I hear ya on the social awkwardness. To add to the non complete sentences when I get introverted I mumble...makes things much worse. And yes I carry around salt and pepper because I have that foot in mouth problem too. So I'll share :-) I've already done it like 5 times this week :-)

Anonymous said...

I think you are just perfect!! Can't wait to see you!

Unknown said...

Knowing you as well as I feel like I do... this made me laugh. :) You are silly!

LAPT said...

Don't apologize for being shy! Sometimes you have to train yourself out of it...but I've found that SAYING "ooooh sorry I feel kind of awkward!" suddenly makes you feel less awkward. :-)

Andrea said...

I never thought any of those things last year when I met you - except the tiny part. :)

Have FUN this weekend!