Monday, April 02, 2012

12 for 2012 - Run Streak for One Month

And on the 32nd day, she rested. I had no idea when I decided to run streak for one month that it would be so tough. Luckily, I had built up a pretty good base by trying to do this in February, so the first couple weeks of the month went great, including a week totaling 40 miles. But by the middle of the fourth week (and of course I had to choose a month that had 5 weeks), I had had enough. I fell into a pattern of coming home from work, taking a nap, watching TV, waiting until Dave got home, moping around the house, and finally heading up around 6:00pm or later to do a measly three miles. Regardless, I got the task done. Check, check.
In the end, I finished the month with 134.49 miles. Funny enough, this isn't even my biggest month ever. I remember having a month around 165 miles when I was training for Boston in 2008 or 2005. In other training this month... Bike - 7.53 miles which came to a total savings of $1.51 (including Dave's bike miles). Sure, it doesn't even pay for a gallon of gas this month, but as the weather improves there will be a lot more bike riding. Other - 1.5 hours of CrossFit. I am enjoying doing some weight training. I hope it turns me into a bodybuilder. :) Pushups - 1195. I finished the pushup challenge (check out the video here). This week I did another test to see how many "regular" push ups I could do. The answer was 20 and then I went and did another 30 in sets of ten. Start the challenge over? What's next for April?

No comments: