Monday, April 23, 2012

WhatSUP


My adventure pick for vacation week was trapeze school.  Dave's pick was stand-up paddle boarding (SUP).  The weather was rough the day we had signed up with big winds, rockin' seas, and we even saw two funnel clouds and a water spout.  We headed straight into the wind for most of the hour plus lesson and made it all of about 100 yards.

Our lesson was very brief where we were basically told "if you're gonna fall, jump into the water."  Good enough.  And then it was time to head out into the water.  Listen to that howling wind!



As it turns out, I was a natural at SUP.  I guess eight years of gymnastics I guess gave me quite a bit of balance.  :)  One of our instructors switched me boards to her windsurfing board which gave me more of a balance challenge but also proved to be really fast.




I loved stand-up paddle boarding.  I am so excited because I already have a windsurfing board and there is a local SUP club here in Columbus.  All I need is a paddle and I'm good to go.

2 comments:

TriMOEngr said...

I seriously want to join you on your various adventures. I love that you are trying so many new things!

Unknown said...

Great job! You look great too, btw!