Saturday, May 31, 2014

May Totals

It's been a long time since I've written a monthly total post.  I haven't exactly had months to be proud of this year.  I've had a hard time doing the work, but May was a pretty good month and although I still have a long way to go to have an awesome month, I'm happy with the results.

Swim - 2500 Yards
Why yes, I did swim this month - two whole times!  There might be a small triathlon later this summer so I suppose I need to get into the pool and do some work.

Bike - 0 Miles
Um, er, sure there is a bike on each week of workouts.  Obviously, I didn't do any of them.  I did ride my regular bike a few times pulling the baby trailer.  That counts for something, right?

Run - 72.77 Miles
I'm not exactly breaking records here and I didn't even have a week over 25 miles, but this is the biggest mileage month I've had all year.  I ran two races this month, a half marathon and a 5K, and both of them were pretty quick.  I'm starting to get back to form!

Strength - 0.5 Hours
There's more than a half hour of strength in every week's schedule.  Unfortunately, that's usually the first thing to go.  No more!  Watch out June!

Trips to the YMCA - 15
Cost Per Visit - $5.69

May was a turning point for me and I took advantage of my Y membership.  I like to run in the morning and the only way I could do that was after work, taking the baby with me to the gym.  He would go and play in the child care room (I hope to write a whole post about that sometime) and I would hit the treadmill.  It wasn't ideal, but it got the job done.

Summer is here, I am no longer employed, and I have big plans on the horizon.  Come on summer!  Let's do this!

1 comment:

..:danielle:.. said...

for some reason i thought you had a treadmill at your house... anyway, nice work. cant wait to see big plans :) (sadly i wont be able to join you in november, was secretly hoping your fall plans included maine hehe)