Thursday, December 31, 2015

December Totals

Wow!  December went fast.  I have never been so stressed in my life.  And consequently, I caught my second cold within four weeks.  So, I had to miss yet another week of training.  I did get some done, though, including a LOT of swimming.  Here's how it all broke down.

Swimming - 37,000 yards ~ 21 miles
Holy cow!  That's a lot of swimming.  That's nearly a mile a day of swimming!  I even had one week over 10,000 yards.  I am LOVING swimming right now.  I can't wait to see how much it improves in the coming months.

Running - 52.23 miles
Sigh.  In my head, I love running.  When it comes to getting out the door, I'm severely lacking in motivation.  Running just feels so labored and difficult.  I feel fat and like I'm running in sand.  I keep telling myself, though, that I cannot get better unless I ACTUALLY do the workouts. 

Strength Training - 0.75 hours
When it comes to the first thing I skip in my training (besides running) it's going to be strength.  If I have 15-45 minutes in my day, I want to spend it doing NOTHING!  I will try harder.  I will try harder.  I will try harder.

YMCA Visits - 8
Cost Per Visit - $4.70

Now if I could only have a month where I stay healthy and actually TRY to do the workouts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to say that I am a bit jealous of your swim distances! Guess I need to get in the pool more frequently.