Saturday, January 02, 2016

2015 Totals

2015 wasn't exactly the year I thought I'd have.  I thought there were be a new marathon PR and Boston qualifier.  I thought I would get to race triathlon age group nationals in Milwaukee.  But an major injury took out months and months of training and racing and everything changed.  That's okay.  Things happen for a reason.  I'm moving on and experiencing new things, like LOTS and LOTS of swimming.

Let's review 2015!

Swimming - 215,550 yards ~ 122.50 miles
I swam all year long, but I didn't begin a lot of swimming until I broke my hip.  Now I'm swimming nearly 10,000 yards a week and loving it. 

Biking - 473.85 miles
In preparation for nationals, I was really spending quality time on my bike and learning about power, etc.  When I broke my hip I stopped riding completely.  I don't envision myself riding for training any time in 2016.  There will be no triathlons this year.  I SWEAR!

Running - 710.72 miles
You know, for having to miss over three months of running, this is a pretty good number.  It's been a long time since I've had a year of 1000 miles.  Hopefully 2016 will be that year.  No injuries, please!!!!

Strength Training - 14.17 hours
Gosh, I wish this was a bigger number.  As I get older and can't put in the mileage I once did, I should really be getting stronger to hold everything together.  Maybe this should be a goal in 2016.

YMCA Visits - 184
Cost Per Visit - $4.53
I really used my Y membership this year.  Now that I work there, I'm starting to feel like I live there.  They should probably just stick a cot for me in a back room.

Races - 6
My races ranged from 5ks to the marathon to an aquathlon.  I love to race and would love to race all the time.  Coach doesn't love that idea so 2016 will probably be a little more strategic.  2016 will be a fast year.  I have nothing planned over the 10k-ish distance.  And maybe I'll do a swim meet.  Maybe.

Picture of the Day!!
Once of my goals for 2016 is to take more pictures.  I would love to say I'm going to do it every day in 2016, but let's be realistic.  Life is busy and is quite boring in the winter.  How may pictures of my kid sleeping do you need?



We got a babysitter this evening and went to see Star Wars 3D.  Dave had already seen it but I wanted to see it too.  It was really good.  But, I love the Star Wars franchise.  I'm not hard to please.

No comments: