Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Gidget and Gazmos

Um, what? Nope, that's GYGO and it's the "triathlon" I did on New Year's day. Actually what I did was an aquathlon (kind of) and that's what I'm hoping to do more of this summer. Who needs that stupid bike anyway!

Dave and I kicked the new year off right by getting up and going to the gym for a hearty workout. Problem was, the gym wasn't open. Yet. We got there at 9:00 and it didn't open until 10:00. So we went home and waited for an hour. I went straight downstairs and got on our treadmill and did my 4 mile run at home. At 10:00 we headed back to the gym where I completed my aquathlon with a 1600 yd/meter swim. The swim went pretty well. I started sharing a lane with Dave, but the lane besides us opened up so I hopped over there. And once I moved to my own lane I started doing flip turns and did them the remainder of my workout. Except for a few spills (water up my nose, turning right into the lane line) I think they went pretty well. My run time was 42:10 and my swim time was 34:01.

I wasn't trying to break any records...I did this aquathlon for training. So the numbers don't count, but it was nice to start the new year off right.

1 comment:

:) said...

"...Who needs that stupid bike anyway..."

Now that is an attitude we WILL NOT tolerate, missy!!! ;)