Monday, August 02, 2010

Firsts and Lasts

I remember training for my first marathon back in 2001. Every run was a "first". On Saturdays or Sundays I would go out for my long runs and it was always my longest run ever. I did my first track workout. I ran my first 5 miler, 10K, and half marathon. And then I waited at the start line to run my first marathon.

This year has included a lot of "firsts" too. I rode my first century, change my first flat tire, and swam over 3000 meters (and a lot further) for the first time. I set new personal bests in the olympic and half IM distances. But now eight months after I started this journey I'm reach the "lasts." This week includes my last long run, my last long swim, and my last long bike ride. Next week I start to taper for Louisville. My journey is quickly coming to an end. I am both scared and excited.

Four weeks....

2 comments:

Megan L. Killian said...

you're going to rock it, girlfriend. you should write a post about what your favorite Ironman workouts have been :)

jessithompson said...

Startin' to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Atta way, girl!