- This will be my first marathon I've run on a Saturday.
- This will also be my first marathon I've run with a Garmin. Usually I would hate this, but Coach and I have set up a specific pacing plan to follow.
- I have lost 8-10 pounds (depending on the day) since the start of November and have made it down to the perfect racing weight.
- I haven't had a drop of alcohol since the end of February. Yeah, I'm that dedicated.
- I have run 424.4 miles since November in preparation for this race (and the upcoming season). Doesn't seem like a lot, but it's the equivalent of 16 marathons.
- I haven't missed a single run workout since November 1st. Did I mention I got dedicated?
- I am looking forward to getting some cupcakes after the marathon. I hear it's the thing to eat in DC.
- I'm also looking forward to seeing my teammates Kati and Kiersten this weekend.
- I thought signing up for a marathon at the end of March in a place a little more south would wield better weather. As it turns out it's going to be cloudy and in the high 30s. At least I have trained in conditions exactly like that. Packing has been a challenge, though. I've got everything I would need to wear for weather like that. I'll make a game-time decision Saturday morning on what I'll actually wear.
- This might be the most excited I've been for a marathon ever. Let's go!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Miscellany for Wednesday--Marathon Edition
I am just a few days away from marathon #14. Here's a few thoughts I've had this week.