Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Product Review and Giveway

My name is Meredith and yes, I run with an iPod.

A few weeks ago I was contacted to try out the ClipE. What's a ClipE? It's a little button that holds your earbuds in place and clips onto your clothing and thus holds your iPod wires in place. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about this product when I received it. I mean, I had already figured out a way to not get all tangled up in my wires. I simply snaked them through my sports bra and shirt and clipped the iPod to my shorts. But, I was surprised when I tried the ClipE that it actually enhanced and improved the snaking method I was already using.



What I liked about it is that it held the cords that ran from the top of my sports bra to my ears in place, which meant the cords didn't slide around anywhere and the cords didn't tug from my ears. It was easy to connect my cords inside the button and easily attached to my clothing. I've used it on several different shirts and sports bras.

What I found to be difficult about it is when I tried to use it in a hurry (transitioning from bike to run inside my own house) the cords would pop out while trying to attach the ClipE to my clothing quickly. And yes, I would leave the ClipE just attached to the iPod cords all the time. My husband, however, seemed to have no trouble with this. He also has A LOT more patience than I do.

When I ran in only a sports bra during those weeks of scorching heat was to have the ClipE packaged in twos so that I could attach one at the top of my sports bra to hold my earbuds in place and one on my shorts to pull the wires taut against my body. I am a girl and my arms do cross my body and I have been known to pull the wires from my ears while running if they're not hidden.

And now the fun part....

I have an extra ClipE to give away to one lucky reader of this blog. I don't want to complicate things by making you follow on Facebook or Twitter for extra entries. That confuses me! So, just leave a comment on this blog entry and you are automatically entered into the drawing. The winner will be drawn at random. You have until Sunday August 14th at midnight to enter and then I'll announce the winner on Monday August 15th.

6 comments:

tri like mary said...

This product sounds cool. I hate when I accidentally yank my earbuds out when I'm running!

With Love - T said...

Wow! I would where to pick up a ClipE. I try to put my headphones through my bra and shirt but they still always seem to pull on direction or the other.

Karen said...

That sounds awesome! my habit is just sort of wrapping the excess cord in my hand. It would be nice to free up the hands :)

Unknown said...

This sounds great. I don't run with my ipod outside due to entanglement problems, so this is right up my alley. Also, any small gadget ending in the "E" sound is also something that I would likely use. I have lots of "thingys", so this would fit right in!

Kiersten said...

Very cool. I always shove mine down my top, and try not to tangle it too much. This would be awesome!

Jess said...

This is great Meredith. Any announcement of a winner? Thanks! Jess