Monday, July 21, 2014

Bed Yoga

Alright yogis, I need your help.

I don't sleep very well.  I love to sleep and can sleep, and especially nap, like a champion.  But falling asleep is a whole different story.  I would probably go to sleep easier at night if I didn't nap during the day, but I like napping as it is my time to snuggle and spend precious time with the kiddo.  He's only going to be little once and I'm going to take advantage of it while I can. 

Anyway, falling asleep at night has become challenging.  My mind races, my legs twitch, my back hurts, and I have an OCD ritual of going to the bathroom 900 times to completely empty my bladder.  I can be pissing air and I will still go to the bathroom at least 3 more times and yet, every night I ALWAYS have to get up and go to the bathroom again.  Why do I put myself through this?

No matter what time I fall asleep, Anderson is always going to get up between 6-8:00am.  I need to fall asleep as soon as I can.  I need help!

I'm not a huge fan of yoga (boring) nor do I really know how to do it.  It does relax me though and once we reach the end of the class where we're lying on the ground with soft music and soft talk, I am usually relaxed enough to fall asleep.  I need this to happen every night.  Is there a such thing as "bed yoga"?  Are there stretches and relaxation techniques I can do while in bed that can help me get to sleep?  Are there good apps/CDs/MP3s out there that can talk me through getting to sleep?

Help!  I'm tired!

No comments: