Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week in Review

Another great week of training!!!!

Monday - 3.5 miles treadmill. 
I was doing this run in the basement during a huge storm.  With only 7-1/2 minutes left the power went out and the run was over.  At least I got most of it in.

Tuesday - 5 mile tempo run. 
Again, the weather wasn't cooperating so I did this one of the treadmill at the Y.  Tempos were done at a 7:30 pace.

Wednesday - Rest day

Thursday - 3.5 mile treadmill run. 30 minutes of strength.
Strength was mostly legs - lots of squats and lunges.

Friday - 5 mile track workout.
I'm doing a one mile race in a week so there were a zillion 200s done on the track.  All of them were done between 41 seconds and 45 seconds.  That's a far cry from high school when I ran the 200 in 27 seconds.

Saturday - 10 mile bike ride.
I actually road my bike outside.  I wanted to make sure I still remembered how to clip in, steer, wear my helmet, etc. before my triathlon in a few weeks.  That's right.  I'm doing a triathlon. 

Sunday - 11+ mile long run.
I ran with my friends at the local hilly metropark.  My GPS was not working really well in the woods, so I had no idea what the pace really was.  Regardless, it was a great run.  I don't get to run with my friends very often, but I really love it when I do.

Totals:
Bike - 10 miles
Run - 28.2 miles
Strength - 30 minutes

No comments: