Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Learning Something New

I love working with a coach.  My coach is awesome and perfectly understands my training needs.  However, variety is the spice of life.  Or something like that.  My friends at work are, obviously, pretty good swimmers and are teaching me lots of stuff.  Tonight one of them wrote a workout for a coworker and me.


Many of the drills I had never done.  I'm not very good at butterfly (I got some good instruction on this).  I had never dove off the blocks (I lost my goggles no less than 5 times). 

This workout was tough.  I am so out of shape.  The girl I was swimming with was putting me to shame.  We only made it through half the workout before we ran out of time and the pool closed.  Guess we'll have to finish the workout another time.

What do you do to spice up your training?  What are your favorite non-running workouts?

No comments: