Tuesday, November 16, 2004

How in the World?

I talked to Big Jelly over e-mail today. Mostly I was talking to him about his car because I really want one and he works for Honda and he offered to bring me a brochure to one of the training runs. I told him I wouldn't be running any time soon because of my stress fracture. He asked me about it...blah, blah, blah...then told me if I did any cross training. I used to run six days a week but since my first stress fracture I cut the running down to five. I used to swim with my training but when I switched to training with my dad the swimming didn't fit into my schedule nearly as well. When I got the second stress fracture my doctor recommended that I replace one of my runs with a cross training activity like a spinning class. In my mind, I just couldn't figure out how to replace a run with cross training? How are you supposed to get the miles in? To me, the miles are very important. So back to Big Jelly. He told me that he only runs three days a week and cycles the other days. Huh? Let me tell you a little more about Big Jelly. Fun guy, serious runner. He just completed the Columbus Marathon is just over three hours and will be going down to Dallas in a few weeks to do another marathon. How can he be that fast and only run three days a week? Makes me think.

No comments: