Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Holy New Year's Resolution!

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a double workout day. First, track season has started...unofficially. We started winter training this week. I meet the kids on Tuesdays and Thursdays to do some base-building running. During the season I have been 20-40 kids that I coach personally. Yesterday I had 2 show up. Does that mean that the 38 other kids that should be running with me are all playing winter sports? I highly doubt it. Even worse, I ran a slow mile with them, 8:36, and I beat one of the boys. I feel bad for the kid. He's a senior and works really hard, but he's just bad. I just can't figure out what event I may be able to run him in this season.

The second workout was spinning class. I had been warned of the great increases in numbers after the New Year, but I had no idea. The locker room was packed. It was hard to find an empty locker. Then Dave and I went up to the class to wait for entry and there was a line completely down the side of the wall. We were there 20 minutes early!!!! We were able to get a bike and it was a hard ride. The hardest part about the class was not the ride itself, but the fact the instructor's microphone was not working and he's not a really loud guy to start with and it was hard to hear instructions.

Today is another running day--40 minutes. It's been raining for days and looks like it's going to be doing it again today, ALL DAY. I don't want to run on the treadmill anymore!

No comments: