Friday, January 21, 2005

Thursday's Workouts

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my winter track days. I was kinda surprised to have any kids show up for practice yesterday considering the constant snow we've had for the last 5 days. I did have two, however, including a very enthusiastic freshman who had already decided where we were going to run and how many miles. Our run took us around the country club on a trail that was covered with snow. I ran an extra mile and still beat one of the kids back to the school. He's having a tough go-about. Like me, he's had two broken bones in the last year and I think running in the snow hurts him a bit. For me, though, yesterday was a good run.

Thursdays are also spinning days for Dave and me. Our instructor on Thursdays is just coming back from knee surgery and yesterday was the first day he's ridden in weeks. Because of his injury, he's not able to do a whole bunch of standing cycling, so most of the rides yesterday were in the saddle. Not a problem, except most of them were flat road, all out sprints. I thought I was going to die! And to top it all off, Dave and I were sharing a waterbottle so we weren't able to get all the water we needed.

After all that working out, I was asleep by 9:30 on the couch. :)

No comments: