Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Triathlon Change of Plans

Because I've endured so many injuries in the past year and have had to spend a lot of time cross training, I had intended on doing the Wendy's triathlon again this summer. However, I found out this week I'm a candidate to get the Lasik surgery done on my eyes. It's all a timing issue, though. You have to get out of your contacts before being evaluated and having the surgery so the shape of the eye is at it's natural shape. That could take up to two weeks. I'm not sure I can run without contacts (I can't see squat) or be able to run in glasses. Plus after the surgery you can't do any physical activity for a week. So I might wait until after Boston to get the surgery. But, after the surgery you can't swim for two months which already disqualifies me for the triathlon. I've got lots of questions to ask when I go to my consultation next week.

In other training news, I must say that I feel in the best shape I've been in since I qualified for Boston. I did a four mile easy run on Monday in 31:16. I hope the easy running continues and the freakin' swelling in my shin goes away.

No comments: