Monday, July 11, 2005

Running Skirts

Being around the triathlon scene this summer I've seen a new breed of running apparel--running skirts. I've seen them worn with biking shorts and used to bike, I've seen them worn with a swimsuit under them and used for running. I've seen some that have shorts or spankies and others that are just a wrap-around skirt.

Well, I don't know if you know, but I am pretty handy when it comes to sewing. Shhh, don't tell anybody, but I spend almost everyday doing some kind of sewing, usually either quilting or working on curtains for somebody or myself. I'm even taking sewing classes to learn how to sew my own clothing. So I was thinking about prototyping a running skirt and see what happens.

I played tennis for years and years so I'm quite comfortable in a little, little skirt. Would any of you out there be interested in running in a skirt or might want to be part of my test market for my prototype? (Of course, I have to find some wicking fabric which is a little harder than I thought.)

Let me know.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I was just looking at those in Runners World, I thought they looked pretty cool!

Val said...

You could make me one, but it'd never, ever get used for running! *snicker*

Dave said...

That's ok AB, they ride up on me too. I don't think I'd look very good in a skirt, though. :D