Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Westerville Rotary 5K Road Run

Yesterday I ran the annual Westerville Rotary 5K Road run on the fourth of July. I am tapering now for Munice so my plan was to run the race easy and just use it for daily miles. And I felt like I went pretty easy, but I PRed huge. There were no mile markers on this run so it was hard to tell what pace I was going. I latched onto a guy I knew because I liked his pace and just ran beside him for most of the race. Around the halfway point the crowds cleared and I saw Tom Gleason in front of me and knew I must be running pretty fast. I caught him around the waterstop but I slowed through the stop and he stayed just in front of me the rest of the race. My unofficial time was 22:04. I guess I am in really great shape right now.

I'll post the official time once it is posted.

Official time is 22:05 and I finished 14th overall and 6th in my age group. There must have been some fast 25-29 year old chicks out there!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

dang, that's awesome! Congrats! I hope you feel how strong you are going into the triathlon! I'll be doing a 5K with my mom that weekend, but I'll eagerly await the results to see how you did!

Alicia said...

Congratulations on so many great races!

That's so cool that you were at the Wendy's triathlon, too. You were definitely one of the girls who flew by me on the run. I've always been a good swimmer, I've never biked much and I'm just a slow and steady runner.

Your comment on my blog didn't show up in my email, so I couldn't email you back, but feel free to drop me a line. I would love to train with another triathlete, especially with a strong runner.