Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Pretty Smart, Pretty Stupid

I consider myself a pretty smart chick. I have a degree in engineering. That's got to put me on the high end of smart, right? Well yesterday I did something pretty stupid. Yesterday I ran with the high school cross country team. This was smart because I got in good miles and I didn't have to run by myself. In my four plus years of running yesterday was the first day I've ever forgotten socks. Pretty stupid! So I decided to run without socks because I was putting on a brand new pair of shoes and I thought that a new pair of shoes wouldn't rip up my feet. Again, pretty stupid. I ran the 6-1/2 miles with the high schoolers and it was a good run, but when I took my shoes off at the end of practice my brand new shoes had blood stains in the heels of them. I made sure to pack my socks today.

5 comments:

Val said...

Owieeeeeeee =/

Flatman said...

Yikes...sounds like a good run/workout, though!

Val said...

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary =D I need your email address sometime... I have something I thought you'd get a kick out of reading =) Love you!

Andrea said...

ouch!!! I think new shoes are the worst, b/c they're stiffest!

Alicia said...

I hate breaking in a new pair of shoes even when I have socks on - I can't imagine doing it without socks.

Good for you for running with your team! My old cross country coach used to just ride his bike along with us. See? He was cheating.