Friday, March 07, 2008

Kids Say the Funniest Things

I have one niece and two nephews. My youngest nephew is less than a year old so he's not saying anything yet, but the other two say some of the greatest things. My five year old nephew offers some of the best things I have ever heard. I could write a whole book with quotes from him.



Two years ago he used to always say to Dave, "Hey, I didn't know you were coming," as if seeing Dave was a strange occurence. Although this doesn't seem funny to the outside world, J has a way of saying it so it is funny. He's also very good at the computer and used to talk to the mouse pointers saying, "Hey, get back here."



These are just the beginning. In the last several weeks he's been on a roll. It started on his fifth birthday when we bought him "Star Wars." We put it in the DVD player kinda late and he immediately fell asleep. An hour later Dave offered to take him upstairs and put him in bed. He woke up halfway up the stairs and just said, "Pause it." He he he!



Last week I was at my parents house and I was letting them know that Dave bought a suit. J piped in, "Was it a supersuit or a swimsuit?" By the way, a supersuit is scuba diving gear.



Finally Mom told us J's latest famous words. He was at the doctor for his 5-year check up and before the doctor even said hello to him he said, "There's no blood in this eye because it all went to this eye. I saw it in the mirror." Where did he come up with that?



I never plan on having more than 1, maybe 2 children, but I am so glad my sister has a middle child. He is the best form of entertainment.

2 comments:

Dave said...

The funniest part about the "Hey, get back here" is that he said it with the accent of an old time gangster movie. :)

Anonymous said...

my 3.5 year old was looking at a book telling the story of Humpty Dumpty. In the illustrations, "all the kings' men" are dogs, and they are trying to glue Humpty So, he says, "what are the puppies doing to Humpty Dumpty's 'crackhead'?" maybe you had to be there, but I thought it was hilarious.
Michelle