Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday's Menu

Each week, I will feature a recipe on Monday that Dave and I cooked the previous week. If you'd like to contribute a recipe, please leave a comment below or send it to me via email: meredith-gordon@insight.rr.com.

Over the holidays Dave and I tried a couple different of pasta sauces. This was particularly tough for me since I think my mom makes the best spaghetti sauce in the world, but I was willing to try. The first one we made was just not good (in my opinion) and I can't find the pictures we took, so I'm not going to write about it. The second one we tried was better and I do have the pictures, so here we go!

The first sauce we made was spinach-based and bland as a lot of our recipes have been. I gentle told Dave that I like my foods spicier and he came up with this: arrabbiata sauce. I have to mention I had just finished a really tough workout when we made this and my stomach had not yet settled so I really didn't have anything with making this sauce.

Here's a few pictures of the process:










The wine made the sauce really sweet, but the red pepper over-powered everything and made it almost too hot to handle. There was definitely some heartburn after this one. Dave really loved it and froze some for himself. Me, I'm going to stick with my mom's sauce.

4 comments:

Mer! said...

OMG. THAT looks amazing...dying to try some new pasta sauce recipes as with our busy days we end up having pasta more than I'd like to admit and i'm getting too comfy with "Classico" :) good on you guys!! YUM!

Velma said...

Yummy!!

tri like mary said...

I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one that can't make a sauce as good as my mom's!

Unknown said...

Well, it looks amazing!!! The pictures are beautiful! yum!