Thursday, January 05, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

This weekend is the biggest weekend of the year for my business: the Columbus Bride Show. We probably book nearly half of our year's business on this one bridal show alone. And this year we are going in with the highest number of dates booked already for the year which makes me even more excited. 2012 is shaping up to be a great year for weddings!

I attend over 40 weddings a year and each one is special. After seeing all these weddings I often wonder what I would differently knowing what I do now about weddings and the wedding industry.

So my question is, what would you do differently if you were to get married again (or if you're not married what would your wedding look like)? What would you add that would make your wedding unique? What you not change anything?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What would I do different? Go to Vegas!

Karen said...

Awesome! Hope it is a great weekend. My wedding was a little backyard affair. If I had to do it over, I would definitely go the church route (I think.. or maybe I just like the idea of a big wedding with the dress and all)

Susan DeBruin said...

Hahaha, I am totally planning to "re-do" my wedding for my 5 year anniversary. My wedding was taken over by other people's plans and it became this ridiculous, over-the-top monstrosity. All I ever wanted for my wedding was a simple, sweet, small backyard party. Instead I got the full Catholic mass with puffy dress that was ridiculously uncomfortable and a whole load of people I'd never met and have never seen again - UGH!

TriMOEngr said...

I had a pretty great wedding on a budget. The groomsmen would say that I should have not chosen black tuxes for a 106° and humid Missouri-in-August day. I think the only thing I would have done differently is pay more for a better photographer as I don't have a lot of really good pics. The church was very dark (poorly lit) and the lady just didn't compensate for that. It's all I have left now and I wish they were better.

Christy said...

Our wedding turned out beautiful! Things really came together and I wouldn't change a thing about the day except my poor hubby was released from the hospital the day before, and was in a cast and on morphine. Blah. But we we had already postponed once, and were determined to get married.

Anne said...

I got married in a park with only out family there as the paster refused to marry my husband and I with out them aware of what we were doing (19 and 20 years old)
My only regret is that I never went wedding dress shopping. NOt wear a big dress for the event I just want the shopping day.