Sunday, January 08, 2012

Week In Review

With all the craziness of the bridal show, I didn't get a whole lot done this week. But here's a small list of what I did.

Monday: To begin the pursuit of 100 pushups for the 12 for 2012 goals, I researched the One Hundred Pushups training program. Initially you are supposed to do a test to see how many pushups you could do without failing or stopping. Today was my test and I did 21. Technically, that means I should start in week three of the training program, but because I was right on the cusp, I decided to start at week one.

Tuesday: Today I went to the gym and ran three easy miles on the treadmill and followed it up with an hour of yoga. This was hard. I was tired and unbalanced and generally did not want to be there. It took me a long time to calm the eff down (CTFD) and just relax into the poses.

Wednesday: Too sore from yoga to do anything (or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Thursday:
Today I actually started the pushup training program. In total I did 51 pushups today.

Friday: I took the day off of work today and got out for a longer run. My stomach has been feeling much better (after I STOPPED taking the Nexium) and with the cold finally gone, this was a great run. I was so surprised to look down at my watch and see consistent sub-8:30 miles as everything felt really easy. In total I got in 9.25 miles at an 8:43 pace.

Saturday/Sunday: Working a bridal show is a lot like running a marathon. Saturday night I went to bed at 9:00pm. No lie! It's exhausting and I was worn out. Dave got up early and ran before we boothed on Sunday, but I just didn't have the energy. Let's just call this the taper. :)

Miles run - 12.25
Yoga - 1 hour
Pushups - 71

No comments: