Friday, May 04, 2012

Track Day!

Saturday's high temperature was about 45 degrees.  I did my run in capris and a long sleeved shirt.  Yesterday my car read 84 degrees at noon.  Welcome to Ohio.

Yesterday was also track day.  Ugh!  I dread track day.  It always seems so hard.  But yesterday I tried to think of it like a swimming workout.  Swim workouts I am able to break into tiny segments because it's 4 X this and 10 X that.  In my head this seemed like a good theory.  At least it got me out the door in crazy temperatures to do the workout.

The workout was one mile warm up 10 X 400 at a 1:35 with 400 rest intervals and then a mile cool down. I hit the first half of the first 400 around 42 seconds and thought, oh crap, I'm going too fast.

Interval 1 - 1:27

Mer, slow down you're going too fast!  But, I kept up the pace and hit all of the next seven intervals around a 6:00/mile.

Interval 2 - 1:30
Interval 3 - 1:28
Interval 4 - 1:31
Interval 5 - 1:29
Interval 6 - 1:28
Interval 7 - 1:28
Interval 8 - 1:29

After eight intervals I had had enough.  My arms were tingly.  I felt like I was going to vomit.  I was dizzy.  I couldn't get in enough water.  I called it a day, did my cool down and headed home.  We'll see how this speed translates when I race this weekend.  Oh yes, there's a race this weekend.

2 comments:

TriMOEngr said...

Haven't you heard of TAPER? Good grief! This heat has been crazy. I thought about getting out for an early bike ride today, but I dawdled just long enough for the storm clouds to appear. Hmm...maybe later.

Bill Fine said...

wow.....you are F.A.S.T.

Killer intervals.......hope to be fast like you someday. Oh, wait.....I picked the wrong parents! LOL

Have a great weekend!