Sunday, July 07, 2013

Week in Review

The Runner's World run streak technically ended this week, but regardless, I ran every day again this week.  I'm now at 42 days in a row and counting.  How long will I keep this up?  I don't know, but it's working on getting me back in shape so I'll continue for now.

Monday - 1 mile treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
Strength training was 3 X 10 reps of behind the head jerks at 45 pounds.

Tuesday - 10 miles
This is the only workout of the week which I actually did that was on the schedule.  All the other runs I just kinda made up as I went along.  The run was prescribed as "just run."  So I went out for 10 miles and averaged 8:49 for the whole lot.  That's not bad considering it was hotter than BALLS outside!

Wednesday - 2 miles treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
Strength training was 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of TRX rows (with elbows tucked), BOSU situps, and squats at 45 pounds.

Thursday - NA Independence Day 5K
Read about the race here.

Friday - 1 mile treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
Strength training was 21-15-9 reps of overhead squats at 35 pounds and deadlifts at 90 pounds.

Saturday - 4.25 miles
I had planned on doing 5 but good grief it was humid outside and I was running without water.

Sunday - 2.65 miles treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
I thought 2.65 miles would get me an even 25 miles for the week but I counted wrong.  It only came out to 24.  I could have run another mile.  Strength training was 21-15-9 reps of cleans at 55 pounds and dips off the weight bench.

Totals:
Running - 24 miles
Strength training - 1 hour


No comments: