Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week in Review

I don't know why, but the run streak is still in effect.  I've now made it 49 days, SEVEN WEEKS!!!!, of running at least one mile a day.  When will it stop?!?

Monday - 9 miles treadmill
I has rained for like a gazillion days in a row.  It was either run this on the treadmill or build an ark.

Tuesday - 2 miles treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
Strength training was 21-15-9 reps of front squats (55 pounds), deadlifts (85 pounds), and shoulder press (45 pounds).

Wednesday - 2 miles, 0.25 hours strength training
Dave was using the treadmill while it was storming outside.  I waited and waited for him to be done so I could run one measly mile.  While waiting, though, the weather cleared up and got sunny again, so I headed outside for 2 miles.  I also did 50-40-30-20-10 reps of jump ropes and BOSU situps.

Thursday - 3 miles with the stroller, 0.25 hours strength training
Strength training was 3 X 10 reps of shoulder press (45 pounds), squats (55 pounds), deadlifts (85 pounds).

Friday - 1 mile treadmill, 0.25 hours strength training
4 rounds of 1/4 mile run followed by 5 clean and jerks at 55 pounds.

Saturday - 6.2 miles
Darby Creek Trail 10K.  Read the race report here.

Sunday - 12 miles
Dave had 50 miles to ride on his bike followed by a run, so I let him do it first since it would take so long.  So, I didn't get to start my run until 4:00pm and it was HOT outside.  I started the run outside but turned around early.  I just couldn't handle the heat.  I did 8.5 miles outside and then did the remaining 3.5 inside on the treadmill.  The first 8.5 I averaged 8:50s.

Totals -
Running: 35.2 miles
Strength training: 1 hour

No comments: